WE ARE GROWING!!
Under the supervision of the Service Manager the Journeyman Technician will be required to perform diagnoses and repairs in all areas of on-highway vehicles (including both towed in and self-propelled). This role will require an eager, high energy, positive person with a “get it done” attitude. This position calls for someone who is very team-spirit minded and willing to pitch in to make a difference.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Journeyman Technician performs some or all of the following duties:
- Inspection, maintenance, troubleshooting, overhaul and repair of various components of a variety of heavy duty trucks equipped with diesel engines and automatic or manual transmissions
- Assist Shop Supervisor in checking and diagnosing mechanical faults of incoming trucks
- Comply with Company Health & Safety Program, Occupational Health & Safety Legislation and any other municipal, provincial or federal legislation as it applies to this dealership
- Communicates with parts department efficiently to obtain needed parts
- Road test vehicles when required
- Journeyman Heavy Equipment Technician Certificate
- Must have own tools
- Daimler (Freightliner and Detroit) experience an asset
- Ability to understand and effectively use computer equipment including computers for diagnostics
- Must be able to work in a high pressure environment safely
- Must be able to present yourself in a positive, professional manner to colleagues and customers
Why work for New West Truck Centres? Here’s why:
- Do you want to work for a positive team all with the same thing in mind – taking care of their customer?
- Do you want to work for a company that encourages entrepreneurial spirit?
- Do you want to make a difference at one of the most progressive and forward thinking companies in Alberta and British Columbia?
If all this wasn’t enough, we also include a benefit package consisting of:
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Paid training
- Longevity Recognition
- Bonus (when applicable)
- RRSP Matching
We appreciate everyone who applies, however due to the volume of applicants, we can only contact those who match the criteria and we intend to interview.