Why Work Here
Working as a parts technician in the trucking industry can be a rewarding career choice for those who enjoy building relationships and have a passion for people. In this role, you will have the opportunity to interact with a wide range of customers, including trucking companies, mechanics, and independent owner-operators, helping them find the right parts and solutions for their needs.
Your direct manager is a well-respected and knowledgeable leader who always remains calm and collected, even in the most challenging situations. They genuinely care about the employees and take the time to listen to their concerns, offering guidance and support when needed.
Employees have access to cutting edge technological training opportunities, web training, and career development training, in addition to our in house training programs and certifications that will develop your skills and advance your career.
Our total compensation package offers job security, health, dental, EFAP, vision and life insurance. Parts Technician salary ranges from $52,000 – $72,800 per year. This position is bonus eligible (Paid monthly).
Order Processing – 50% of your time is spent here
· Fulfilling orders with on hand parts, processing orders from our PDC’s, other dealers or suppliers and notifying technicians of any ETA updates or notifying them when parts arrive.
· Has a willingness to learn and effectively use the company business system (Procede) and all other online programs (CAT, Cummins, Paragon, etc.) required to fulfill the duties of a parts person and serve our customer.
Customer Service and Support – 40% of your time is spent here
· Acknowledge all customers as they arrive in the facility and serve them in a timely and efficient manner.
· Provides a high level of service to all of our customers, internal or external. Communicates well with and supports other dealership personnel and departments.
Ad hoc duties – 10% and its important!
· Replenishes assigned display areas, ensures pricing is accurate and keeping the area clean and organized for customers.
· Participates in all training programs that are made available and attend all department meetings.
· Process credit card and debit transactions as well as performing product return inspections and completing refunds and core credits.
· Minimum high school diploma required
3 Things To be successful as an Parts Technician
Technical knowledge and expertise
2. Always willing to help out
3. Attention to detail and accuracy
· Apply on Indeed.com, we will personally read every resume/application and provide a response
· The above description is a summary of responsibilities and is not an exhaustive list of duties. A comprehensive job description will be provided to you in the interviewing process
· We welcome all qualified candidates to apply, the diversity of our workforce reflects the communities and customers we serve
· Professional references will be required
We are a heavy truck dealer in Southern Alberta and British Columbia representing Freightliner, Thomas Built, Sport Chassis, Detroit Diesel, Cummins, Autocar and other brands of heavy-duty trucks. When taking a look at the trucking industry, we found that our customers were facing difficulties and run arounds, so we set out to become something more than what is on the market. It is this emphasis on continuous improvement in Accessibility, Efficiency and Genuine Quality that drives our commitment to be the new standard in customer service. At New West Truck Centres, each person is essential to the success of the business, with offices located in Calgary, Balzac, Lethbridge, Red Deer, Medicine Hat and Cranbrook.